Skip to main content

Yes I'd like the hot sludge please

The look most servers give me when I order cioccolata calda is that of confusion. I know they are thinking why on earth would someone want anything other than coffee? This country runs on coffee and I'd be scared to see what would happen to it if for some reason it disappeared. Literal chaos would destroy this beautiful country. People running mad through the streets, buildings on fire, the end of the world probably.
But I have a confession. I have had all the coffee. Yes, sinful little Mormon girl tried it all. Cappuccino, macchiato, espresso, and I'm here to say literally I think its the most disgusting thing I've ever had. Honestly, I physically cannot stop my face from that nasty frown face when you have something bitter when I drink it. Yes, I kept trying different kinds of coffee to see if there was one that wasn't so awful, but I have yet to discover it. Literally, I think my personal hell would be me stuck in a dark room where someone has me chained to the wall forcing me to eat pineapple and coffee. I'm already having nightmares.
But thankfully they have steamed milk ( my favorite is rice milk, holy moly ) and hot chocolate. The hot chocolate here is just that. Hot chocolate. Very thick and often not that sweet. Get yourself a Nutella brioche and you're set.



Comments

  1. You crack me up! You can't just jump into Italian coffee! Gotta start with the crappy stuff to appreciate how good it is!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best Gifts for Travelers

I know I'm just starting to enter this arena of world traveling, but I've done my fair share of purchasing and research to know some pretty handy and fun gifts you can give to anyone who loves to spend time abroad! *Disclaimer: These are affiliate links. I get a small commission for products you purchase through my links but thankfully without any extra cost to you!* 1.  Airbnb Gift card Seriously who books hotels anymore!? With the affordability and convenience of booking hostels, it's no wonder why travelers much prefer using sites like Airbnb. 2. Scratch off Map What's cooler than a map of the world?  A map you can track where you've been and see all the places you've traveled. 3. Anti- Theft Backpack It's not unheard of to have important things like your wallet or phone stolen while seeing the wonders of the world. So think ahead and purchase one of these backpacks designed specifically to prevent you from being the victim of pi...

5 Things learned from 11 weeks in Italy

As I am reminiscing on my time spent in Italy this time last year I wanted to remember some of my favorite lessons learned while I was there. 1. A place is only as great as the people that are there. I went into depth on this in a previous blog post but I really think it has changed my whole outlook on traveling and how we treat strangers. I am so grateful to have met and to know some of the most amazing people that walk the planet. 2. Knowledge is Power I never will understand why anyone could live a life that they weren't earnestly trying to learn new things. Whether that is learning languages or business skills, developing talents or just learning the background of the amazing sights you travel too. Knowledge is sincerely so priceless, and sadly, so undervalued. 3. You only regret the pizza you don't eat Since being home I've made some changes to eating a gluten/ dairy/ corn-free diet due to those foods have been the culprit of my health issues. This has ...

Danse de Macabre

Alrighty, I been really reflecting on this night and I hope I can say something of as equal excellence that I learned that night as it the night felt to me. So long story short my host mom is a really rad woman, is the president of this women's community club, and they were having a banquet to celebrate awarding a community group best costume in the parade and Festival the city has every September. The festival is all about the dance of the dead. Which is essential to remember that this life is special and even leaving it needs to be celebrated as something remarkable.  This festival is a big deal like these people aren't messing around. Anyway, she let me tag along and since we aren't in tourist territory there was basically no one who spoke English. I stood awkwardly by one of F's friends and then when it came time to sit I ended up with this man, L, and the Governor for the district and his wife.  All of which spoke English, I was delighted, to say the ...