Skip to main content

Torino series: Mole Antonelliana

Living so close to Torino has made it easy for me to visit a lot of its biggest attractions.  Torino really is a hidden gem, and if you are a lover of museums Torino is the place for you.

About a week ago I headed to the Mole Antonelliana. It is named after its architect, Alessandro Antonelli. I tried doing some research and I do think it is related, however small, to the term mole in chemistry. In case you were wondering. 
Its construction began in 1863, after Italian unification, but wasn't finished until 1889, after the architect's death. Originally created to become a Jewish synagogue, it now houses the Museo Nazionale del Cinema. I do believe it is the tallest museum in the world and it is on a side of the Italian 2 cent euro coin.

I really enjoyed it and I don't consider myself a cinema enthusiast or anything close. I'm a passionate Rom Com girl and that's about it. But seriously the first bit of it was my favorite because it showed more of the history of storytelling. Don't get me started on my hidden love for storytelling and its history. That was sparked by a Greek mythology class I took this last semester and I have a sincere appreciation for those who create and share stories. I think that's why I've enjoyed creating this blog. It has helped me be a part of that. Anyway, I was so cool to look at the displays and I hope I find time to go back and pay the extra money to take the lift to the top and see the bird's eye view. And seriously you have to be so cool to have your picture displayed in this museums display of modern-day filmmaking best actors/actresses. Hugh Jackman is a freakin babe, and I see you over there too Brad Pitt. 

10/10 Recommend going to see it if you find yourself in Torino anytime soon, or ever really.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Gifts for Travelers

I know I'm just starting to enter this arena of world traveling, but I've done my fair share of purchasing and research to know some pretty handy and fun gifts you can give to anyone who loves to spend time abroad! *Disclaimer: These are affiliate links. I get a small commission for products you purchase through my links but thankfully without any extra cost to you!* 1.  Airbnb Gift card Seriously who books hotels anymore!? With the affordability and convenience of booking hostels, it's no wonder why travelers much prefer using sites like Airbnb. 2. Scratch off Map What's cooler than a map of the world?  A map you can track where you've been and see all the places you've traveled. 3. Anti- Theft Backpack It's not unheard of to have important things like your wallet or phone stolen while seeing the wonders of the world. So think ahead and purchase one of these backpacks designed specifically to prevent you from being the victim of pi...

5 Things learned from 11 weeks in Italy

As I am reminiscing on my time spent in Italy this time last year I wanted to remember some of my favorite lessons learned while I was there. 1. A place is only as great as the people that are there. I went into depth on this in a previous blog post but I really think it has changed my whole outlook on traveling and how we treat strangers. I am so grateful to have met and to know some of the most amazing people that walk the planet. 2. Knowledge is Power I never will understand why anyone could live a life that they weren't earnestly trying to learn new things. Whether that is learning languages or business skills, developing talents or just learning the background of the amazing sights you travel too. Knowledge is sincerely so priceless, and sadly, so undervalued. 3. You only regret the pizza you don't eat Since being home I've made some changes to eating a gluten/ dairy/ corn-free diet due to those foods have been the culprit of my health issues. This has ...

Danse de Macabre

Alrighty, I been really reflecting on this night and I hope I can say something of as equal excellence that I learned that night as it the night felt to me. So long story short my host mom is a really rad woman, is the president of this women's community club, and they were having a banquet to celebrate awarding a community group best costume in the parade and Festival the city has every September. The festival is all about the dance of the dead. Which is essential to remember that this life is special and even leaving it needs to be celebrated as something remarkable.  This festival is a big deal like these people aren't messing around. Anyway, she let me tag along and since we aren't in tourist territory there was basically no one who spoke English. I stood awkwardly by one of F's friends and then when it came time to sit I ended up with this man, L, and the Governor for the district and his wife.  All of which spoke English, I was delighted, to say the ...