Skip to main content

Information on Rome Abroad

I don't know why I didn't think of this earlier. So here is some information on the program I'm here in Italy with. 
The program is called Romae Abroad. You can find them on Instagram, Facebook or just Google them. You apply and interview and if you get accepted and then you'll hooked up with a host family. The majority of the families are located here in Italy but they do have some in Australia and China now. Cool right! Once you get hooked up with your host family you'll make a contract for 8 to 12 weeks, depending on what you're available for. These contracts will also include conditions such as your family being responsible for giving you food and boarding and other things seen fit by the family. Your responsibility will be to work on English with the families kids or sometimes the parents. Some families are looking for more of a babysitter figure, just depending on what they need. You will have to pay a service fee to the program which is about $450 and then you are also responsible for paying for your travel fares to the families location. Which may I add is a way more affordable option compared to others traveling programs such as ILP or any Study abroad. Other than that all expenses are covered by the family and most contracts will include a weekly allowance given to you by the family for your services. AND... If you go with freinds you get discounts on you service fee meaning you get to live in Italy, with a friend for a killer deal, and you don't even have to worry about classes or anything, also did I also mention in Italy. Yeah rad huh.
The great thing about living here in Italy is that most of our cities are connected by trains so when you have some time off it's not hard to go and sightsee. 
But there is kind of a catch. Right now the application age is 21 but obviously, I'm not 21. I'm being used as a sort of tester to see if the directors will lower the age again. They had the application age at 18 once upon a time but from what I've been told they had a lot of problems with younger girls so they raised it. If you are interested to apply as an underage applicant contact me on some social Media platform and I'll give you some more information and tips on how to do so. It's really been such an incredible experience. I've been very impressed on the communication offered to me by the program and I can't believe that I've been able to live in Italy for so little cost to me!

If you have any questions let me know!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Gifts for Travelers

I know I'm just starting to enter this arena of world traveling, but I've done my fair share of purchasing and research to know some pretty handy and fun gifts you can give to anyone who loves to spend time abroad! *Disclaimer: These are affiliate links. I get a small commission for products you purchase through my links but thankfully without any extra cost to you!* 1.  Airbnb Gift card Seriously who books hotels anymore!? With the affordability and convenience of booking hostels, it's no wonder why travelers much prefer using sites like Airbnb. 2. Scratch off Map What's cooler than a map of the world?  A map you can track where you've been and see all the places you've traveled. 3. Anti- Theft Backpack It's not unheard of to have important things like your wallet or phone stolen while seeing the wonders of the world. So think ahead and purchase one of these backpacks designed specifically to prevent you from being the victim of pi...

5 Things learned from 11 weeks in Italy

As I am reminiscing on my time spent in Italy this time last year I wanted to remember some of my favorite lessons learned while I was there. 1. A place is only as great as the people that are there. I went into depth on this in a previous blog post but I really think it has changed my whole outlook on traveling and how we treat strangers. I am so grateful to have met and to know some of the most amazing people that walk the planet. 2. Knowledge is Power I never will understand why anyone could live a life that they weren't earnestly trying to learn new things. Whether that is learning languages or business skills, developing talents or just learning the background of the amazing sights you travel too. Knowledge is sincerely so priceless, and sadly, so undervalued. 3. You only regret the pizza you don't eat Since being home I've made some changes to eating a gluten/ dairy/ corn-free diet due to those foods have been the culprit of my health issues. This has ...

Danse de Macabre

Alrighty, I been really reflecting on this night and I hope I can say something of as equal excellence that I learned that night as it the night felt to me. So long story short my host mom is a really rad woman, is the president of this women's community club, and they were having a banquet to celebrate awarding a community group best costume in the parade and Festival the city has every September. The festival is all about the dance of the dead. Which is essential to remember that this life is special and even leaving it needs to be celebrated as something remarkable.  This festival is a big deal like these people aren't messing around. Anyway, she let me tag along and since we aren't in tourist territory there was basically no one who spoke English. I stood awkwardly by one of F's friends and then when it came time to sit I ended up with this man, L, and the Governor for the district and his wife.  All of which spoke English, I was delighted, to say the ...